How to Update Orbi Firmware Automatically?
In this article, we will provide you with all the required information on “how to update Orbi Firmware automatically“. There are two options to do this. The first one is using the website Orbilogin.com or https://orbilogin.com/. Further, there are two methods to perform Orbi Firmware Update; Manual and Automatic. In this article, we will try to explain both methods in the most modest and easy way. It is very important to keep Orbi Firmware updated because the latest version improves the overall performance and speed of the device. By doing so you will get the latest features on your Netgear Orbi Router. To update the Orbi Firmware all you need is a laptop or desktop near you.
It is highly recommended to update your Orbi firmware because the older version might have some loopholes that could lead to data breaches and privacy issues. Some of the Orbi models are enabled for automatic updates but some models require to do this manually. Even though the new version provides more productive features for the uses and also fixes the primitive issues with the device. We suggest you check Orbi Firmware Updates regularly. There are several do’s and don’t that you must check before going to perform the Orbi Firmware Update. It will usually take around 10-15 minutes to accomplish the update successfully.
Now Let’s check the Dos and Dont’s for Orbi Firmware Update:
- We recommend you to used the Ethernet cable and wired connections to update Orbi firmware because in a wireless connection you might lose the link.
- The second and most important point is that do not press the reset button while the Orbi Firmware update is processing.
- In the process of updating Orbi Firmware devices will go offline for a short period of time. So, don’t panic it is part of the process.
- We highly do not recommend you to do it manually if you don’t know how to update Orbi Firmware manually.
- The default address to reach the Orbi router page is Orbilogin.com or https://orbilogin.com
- Make sure the Orbi device is connected to the power back up. If in between Orbi routers shuts down then you have to perform the Orbi Firmware manually.
- After the Orbi Firmware update is accomplished you need to connect your wireless devices again on the same Orbi WiFi network. Make sure you use the correct login. credentials.
- You can not perform Orbi Firmware Update using a smartphone or tablet. A laptop or desktop is a must for this task.
- Wired connections are recommended not wireless.
Steps to perform Orbi Firmware Update Automatically
- The first and most important step is to connect your laptop or desktop with the Orbi WiFi network.
- Now on your laptop open any web browser. These are the good ones; Google Chrome, Firefox, and Opera.
- On the next step open Orbilogin.com or www.orbilogin.com into your web browser.
- Now you will see the Orbi router login page. On this page, just enters the username and password to log in to the Orbi router.
- Make you don’t use the Orbi WiFi password to login to the Orbi router. Both are different. One is to connect with the network and the other is the admin password for the Orbi router.
- If put the correct username and password then you will the Orbi dashboard.
- Now click on Administration and go to the Orbi Firmware update page.
- On the page, you will find there are two options Online update or manual update.
- Now in the Online update option, if you click on the details you will find that there is the model number of Orbi and the current Orbi Firmware version. Now you have to click on the check button and get information on the latest Orbi firmware version and click all to update.
- After clicking on the update leave it ideal for a few minutes and let it update automatically.
- In this process, the router will keep rebooting and you don’t have to worry.
- Once it is successfully updated you could see the updated firmware details on your screen.
How to Manually Update Orbi Router and Orbi Satellite?
Before getting started with the manual method to download and update firmware, we have to read some important points.
- You have to make sure that the version of the firmware is explicitly for your Orbi router model.
- Because the wrong version of the firmware could manipulate the functioning of your router.
- Do not switch off the router while the update is installing
- Do not reset the router while the update is installed.
- The Orbi Firmware Update will take a few minutes to install successfully. So, have patience!
- You could check the latest Orbi Firmware from the Netgear website.
- You are only allowed to save the firmware version only in .chk or .img file format.
- We highly recommend never downloading Orbi firmware from any untrusted source because that could be bogus software to hack your Orbi router and share your data over the internet.
Now, let move towards the steps to update the Orbi router manually by following the below-given steps.
- The first step is to download the Orbi firmware. So, to download it you have to visit the download center and get the latest firmware according to your Orbi device.
- As I have already mentioned to you that you have to download and save the Orbi Firmware in .img or. chk format.
- Now you have to go to your Orbi router page and on the Orbi Firmware update page, you will find the manual page option.
- Click on the manual update option and you will get to know the current version of your Orbi device’s current firmware version.
- After successful login to your router’s admin page click on the browser button and select the file of the downloaded firmware version.
- Then click on upload and let it be. It will take some time to upload.
- Once started installing it will reboot your Orbi router several times in the process. So, don’t panic about it.
- Once the Orbi firmware is done successfully you could check the version of the updated firmware on the router’s admin page.
Some of the most common questions associated with Orbi Firmware update.
- Orbilog.com is not working
- How to fix Orblogin.com not working?
- Not able to login into the Orbi login page.
- My devices are not connecting with the Orbi router.
- Orbi Firmware update failed
- Orbi login page not working
- Unable to login with the Orbi router using current username and password.