In this article, I am going to share steps on how to change the password of the Orbi router’s admin page. If you think you have already set the very tough to guess but let me inform you that there are several tools to crack passwords within a few minutes. So, it is highly recommended to change the password after every 2-3 months. This will secure your Orbi Home network from a data breach. It will become very difficult for anyone to crack or guess the password of your Orbi router and WiFi network. There is a myth that some people actually believe that by changing the password it will refresh your network and increase the internet speed. But I don’t think. I recommend changing the password due to security concerns.
What this could do is it will automatically disconnect all the connected devices with your Orbi WiFi system. This will mean all the unnecessary devices which are connected with your Orbi router will get disconnected. For sure that will increase your internet speed. Now let’s move towards the steps to change the Orbi router admin login password.
Steps to change Orbi Router Admin Login Password:
- The first and most important thing is that you need to have a laptop or desktop connected with the Orbi WiFi network. Make sure you do not use a tablet or smartphone to perform this task.
- Now connect your laptop with the Orbi WiFi network.
- Open any web browser you usually use for internet surfing. Like; Google Chrome, Firefox, or Opera.
- Now in the address bar enter https://orbilogin.com and hit enter.
- If you are not able to access the Orbi Admin Login page then use this IP address instead of URL HTTP://192.168.1.1
- Once you reach the Orbi Admin login page now, put the correct username and password and click on login.
- In case you don’t know the default username and password for the Orbi router then let me share with you. The default username is a username and the password is a password.
- Now you could see the dashboard of the Orbi router after successful login.
- Click on Advanced > Administration > then set new password.
- Now on the page set display you can set the new password you want to have for the Orbi admin login page.
- At last click on APPLY. This action will save your changes and put them into effect.
How to recover Orbi Router’s Admin login password?
If you want to recover the old Orbi router password then the following are the steps to do the same. Follow all the given steps carefully and don’t miss any of them. Let’s check all the steps given below.
- The first step is to connect the laptop or desktop with the Orbi network.
- Then open the web browser on the connected device.
- Put the following URL in the web address bar HTTP://orbilogin.com.
- If you are not able to access the Orbi router’s admin page then try this IP address HTTP://192.168.1.
- Now you could see the Orbi router login window.
- Now put the correct username and password and log into the Orbi router.
- In case you don’t know the default username and password then let me share that with you. The default username is a username and the default password is a password.
- Now on the screen, the Orbi router dashboard will open.
- You have to find and click on the homepage and then advance.
- On the next step, you have to Admin.
- Now on the screen, a few security questions will pop up. You have to answer them correctly. These are the same security questions that you have set up at the initial setup process of the Orbi router.
- Now click on continue.
- In the next window, you will ask to note down the old password. Just save the password and try to log in with it.
- Now try to login in with the username and password.
I hope you are now able to log in successfully without much difficulty.
How to change WiFI name and password through a web interface?
Following are the steps to change the WiFi name and the password using a web interface. I recommend you to follow all the steps carefully and do not skip any of the below-given steps. Now let’s check the steps.
- The first is to connect the device with the Orbi network to change the WiFi username and password.
- Make sure you use the laptop or desktop instead of the smartphone or tablet.
- Now enter the Orbi router’s default address in the address bar. Here is the address HTTP://orbilogin.com. You could also use the IP address instead of HTTP://192.168.1.1
- In the next step, the Orbi router’s login window will appear.
- Use the username and password to login into the Orbi router.
- Now click on the Wireless option on the dashboard of the Orbi router.
- On that page, you could see the network SSID name and there is an option to change it.
- Now on the password page, you will find the current set password. If you want to change it then do the same as you did for the username.
- Once done with the changes click on the Apply button.
- Now the applied changes are in the effect.
Orbi Router’s most common issues:
In the following points, I have tried to cover the most common issues of the Orbi router. I hope you will find it useful.
- Orbilogin.com website is not loading.
- Http://orbilogin.com is not working.
- On some specific devices not able to connect or load the default URL.
- The username and password are incorrect or forgotten.
- The default IP address is not working or redirecting.